Friday, December 5, 2008

My Weekend Crush

I never watched “The West Wing.” Sure I caught parts of it here or there, but I don't think I ever sat down and watched an episode start to finish. It's not that I thought the show was bad, it's just that when it comes to politics I find the real thing provides all the drama I can handle. So, as a result, much of the unparalleled badassery that was C.J. Cregg was largely lost on me. Luckily, my dubious television watching habit did not preclude me from tapping into the awesomeness of Allison Janney.

An imposing figure at “5 feet 12 inches,” as she once told the New York Times, Allison's impressive array of roles have taken her from comedies (“Juno”) to dramas (“American Beauty”) and Broadway (“9 to 5”). Heck, she even got to kiss Meryl Streep. All that and she delivered what has to be one of my most-repeated movie quotes of all time as Peach in “Finding Nemo.” “Find a happy place! Find a happy place! Find a happy place!” What I love about Allison is that she always comes across as infinitely capable. Yet with that aura of utter competence comes a delightfully goofy streak – not to mention a competitive streak. Smart, funny, willing to cheat – now that's my kind of lady. Happy weekend, all.


No comments:

Post a Comment