Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tank Top Tuesday

Starbuck

Oh, Starbuck, Starbuck. You and all your frakking hot tank tops are the reason I know I'm an idiot for still not having caught up on “Battlestar Galactica.” But this promo shot for the final season of BSG did more than make me feel guilty (or make me feel the good kind of sweaty); it made me curious. Have marketers finally discovered the unassailable appeal of a woman in a tank top to sell their movies and shows? Well after researching hundreds upon hundred of posters (yes, hundreds...I do these things for you, kittens, and for the general advancement of knowledge), I've come to the highly-scientific conclusion that not only have they discovered tank tops, they've divided their usage into specific categories. Look for my published dissertation on the topic in the next issue of the prestigious Journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Tank Tops. But for now, here is a preview. [Click any and all to enlarge, in the name of science, obviously.]

The FightersThe LoversThe Two Guns Are Better Than OneThe Leather Is Better Than GunsThe Apocalypse NowThe This Can't End WellThe LenaThe End

No comments:

Post a Comment