Monday, February 6, 2012

Pushing Wonder

Sometimes, when scanning the channels, I am quickly reminded that there is no Brian Fuller show on television right now. And this makes me sad. Because Brian Fuller shows like “Pushing Daisies” and “Wonderfalls” had a whimsy to them that is nearly impossible to replicate. It wasn’t that they were silly, though some silly things did happen. It was that they made the absurd and fantastical into something amazing and fabulous. That’s not easy to do. I mean one show was about a gal who spoke to inanimate objects and another was about a guy who could touch the dead and bring them back to life. This is weird, but works. Another thing I miss about Brian Fuller shows is how well they are cast. Caroline Dhavernas. Tracie Thoms. Anna Friel. Kristin Chenoweth. Come on, these are some fantastic ladies. Also, “Wonderfalls” had a lesbian sister. We love a lesbian sister. So now, because I can and because we can’t watch any of his shows live right now, here’s a little reminder of what we’re missing without a Brian Fuller show on our televisions.

Wonderfalls

That lesbian sister plays prominently in this one. And, yes, the thumb-licking lady is Kari Matchett from “Covert Affairs” with brown hair. Saved you a whole day’s wondering.

Pushing Daisies

I stand by my contention that every show on TV can be made better by having Cheno sing on it. This is just a fact.

Brian Fuller’s next TV foray is a remake of “The Munsters.” Yeah, I know it sounds crazy. But so did all of his other shows. So I’ll be there. He gave us a talking smoosed-faced lion. How could I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment